Platform: PC Game
An asymmetric multiplayer team-based competitive action game where you cooperatively pilot an airship and attempt to destroy enemy airships.
- Networked team-based cooperative multiplayer that supports 4, 6, or 8 players
- Each airship team consists of two players, a navigator and a gunner
- The navigator steers the airship with information about the overall map but limited information about the immediate surroundings
- The gunner shoots at enemy airships from a number of gun placements on the ship, but lacks strategic information about the location of enemy airships across the map
- Partial VR support, allowing one person in each team to play using an Oculus or Vive headset
This game was a project in CTIN 484 Intermediate in Spring 2016. We wanted to make a competitive multiplayer game that had a hidden-information aspect. We also wanted to make a VR-compatible game. Sky Command succeeded at all of these tenets, creating a cooperative/competitive experience that imposes an atmosphere of frantic communication between teammates.
- Kat Gray – Artist/Co-designer
- Matt Levonian – Programmer/Co-designer