Students Should Register on Brazen with your @usc.edu email address to view all participating employers, then register for each of the days here:
- Wednesday, 12/9/20 – Register here
- Deadline to sign up for students:
- To participate, as well as to be included in the resume book and added to the event update list, Students MUST register at the links above for ALL of the days they want to participate by 12/4/20 – 11:59PM PST
The fair is open to all class years and majors, including transfer students and spring admits, as well as employers from all industries.
Why Go Virtual?
- The fair comes to you! You can access the Brazen platform from anywhere with an Internet connection.
- You will have the chance to interact with recruiters through one-on-one video, audio, or text-based chats. Note: there is no virtual background option for the video chats, so be sure to plan accordingly.
- Broaden your job search with unlimited geographic reach. Employers from around the world are looking to connect with you.
How it Works
Watch this video to learn more about the Brazen platform:
Employer Resume Book
- We are putting together a candidate resume book for participating organizations.
- Candidate participation in the resume book is voluntary.
- All USC Games Career Connection attendees who submit resumes through the Brazen platform will be included in the resume book.
Prepare for the Career Fair
- Register for an account through Brazen and upload your resume. You can continue to edit your resume until the day of the event. If you would like, you can even upload a profile photo. By uploading your resume to the platform, you agree to have it shared with participating employers at the end of the event.
- View a list of participating employers and the positions for which they are recruiting by exploring employer booths on the event homepage (we’ve just started allowing registration, so please keep checking back daily regarding participating employers).
- Make a list of organizations that you are interested in and research them. Visit their websites, learn their latest news, and prepare questions. Your preparation will become evident in your interaction with organization representatives, helping you to stand out.
- For optimal performance, including minimizing any errors while chatting with employers, use a desktop or laptop computer with a webcam.
- Get more details on how to prepare on the USC Career Center blog, The Career Center Chronicles.
- A Tactical Guide to Virtual Career Fairs for Students
What to Wear
Wear professional attire in accordance with your gender expression for the video chats. Overall suggestions:
- Dress in a dark or neutral color matching business suit.
- Wear freshly pressed clothing and polished dress shoes (shoes optional since it’s on camera 🙂 ).
- Keep makeup as natural as possible. Avoid flashy or bright nail polish.
- Minimize jewelry: leave out the nose ring and tongue jewelry.
- Grooming is important: hair and nails should be neat and clean.
- Please note – IF the interviewer wants to meet via vidcon, Brazen DOES NOT allow for virtual backgrounds.
More Virtual Event-Related Resources
Questions?Visit the Career Connection student registration page, or email email@example.com with questions NOT included in the FAQ and include “Career Connection Question” in your subject line (important!).