View on YouTube
- Number of players on team: 12
- Minimum requirements: None
- Two stages
- All matches follow the California Ultimate Recommended Ruleset:
- One week
- Each applicant is assigned a one-hour block for tryouts.
- The applicant is first given 2 games to warm up, during which they are interviewed by team manager.
- The applicant then plays a Best-of-5 set against a member of the existing team.
- After the set is over and the applicant is given advice by their opponent, the applicant plays a Best-of-3 set against a different member.
- A total of 3-4 members (including those playing against the applicant) will be present to observe the applicant’s skills and to fill out the rubric.
- Present members will discuss with the manager as to whether players will move on to Stage Two. In rare cases where the applicant’s skill and personality is clearly at the level of the A team, the applicant may be accepted without going through Stage Two.
- Applicants in Stage Two compete for the remaining spots on the team by playing each other in a Round Robin Best-of-3 tournament.
- The players that place above the cutoff are accepted onto the final team.
Sign Up Form is HERE.